Sunday, April 3, 2011

Paintings

Have been told by Dad to put my paintings on so here are a few of the less horrendous ones - a long way to go but am enjoying the journey. Last year bought an online course- yes I am addicted to them! for Watercolourswith Bob Davies -www.watercoloursecrets.net. You get videos of him painting various aspects of landscapes online as well as templates and photos but also get the dvd's. He is excellent and there is an online group where you can post your photos and get feedback - that reminds me I haven't put any on for a while!
First attempt at the sea at Sand Island - bits are okay!

David said he wanted me to paint a picture of Sand Island, where we got married,for his Christmas so this was my attempt. He loved it - bless him!

From Bob Davies course - amazingly some of this works! Love that pthalo blue!

An attempt at cliffs from an Arnold Lowrey video - horrible sea but back cliffs okay.

Again from course -mmmm

Thought this wasn't going to be too bad but tougher than it looked!

Apart from wrong shape for Matterhorn and odd looking trees, quite pleased with this.

  
Oh dear - looks like alien spaceship lighting up sky behind central mountain - hillside on left okay.


Working away at Bob Davies Mountains and Rocks dvd - will try this one again! Very different and more precise from the other art work I am doing but love that difference. Paint with a friend Dee every friday - and that day is sacrosanct and we both love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!