Thursday, April 14, 2011

faux stamp madness

Okay i have got the bug and just having looked at Nick Bantocks work - wow! Find his stuff and newest book at
http://www.nickbantock.com/urgent_2nd_class/Cover.html

Inspirational stuff! This is nothing like that but have tried putting images into stamps rather than rubber stamping. As am a klutz on computer using word but guess I should try publisher of some such thing - will give it a go. Anyway couldn't sleep last night so here's what I did instead!

Made up my own country - Eros - just cos I love hearts!!! and then had to try to make franking lines. Only way I could work it out was to do it in wordart. Came out okay. Heart in postal stamp got opaque background so trying to find out how to make it transparent!! Any help gratefully received!!

Added images onto template I downloaded, then franking lines and postal stamp and cost. Finally using a stencil i used my lovely distress inkpads and blender to add a little colour.





Now off to see what I can do with them now they are made! At home today as rest day from swimming but we are playing tennis this evening at the club.Dreading it as haven't picked up a raquet in 6 years and there are other people whose safety might be in danger as the 5 courts are all together!! Ooops!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!