Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spinning away

Actually got a few bits finished but am excited as Bryan away next week so less going on with house - though I still need to paint some woodwork EVERY morning!!

So, finished Suzies blanket, turned out better than expected so hope it is useful!

Put together the crocheted squares and getting ready to put the backing on.

Been spinning away in the evenings and trying out mixing the colours of the Shetland roving. First up come the reds!!! Actually got two skeins ready now.

Am playing around with the drum carder as carding by hand is very time consuming and created my first batt from there - bring on the Blues!!!

On the 1st, I got my May calendar page done. Need to put more leaves round top side but almost there!

And today went to the lovely lady at Sew Country near Barnstaple, whose name is Alison. The workshop is the most lovely caravan with views over Devon that are to die for. She taught me how to make a bag with oilcloth and it turned out really well. And pleased with the sewing machine which has had little or no use recently!!

Hopefully lots to blog about next week as I claim back my craft room xxx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!