Saturday, January 25, 2014

SPINNING AGAIN!

In between painting what seems like acres of mahogany coloured wood, I got the spinning wheel out again and, looking at the eave full of roving I had, I found this gorgeous purple, reminding me of the Scottish heather, and spun a skein. It has spun up beautifully and love it!! Problem is, when I love it I tend not to use it as just like to look at it!!

And now - OMG! What is likely to become my latest obsession. Got me a Clover Pom Pom maker and trust me on this - everyone needs one. Just very quickly tried making these to try it out. Took me all of 5 mins to do the two.

I just used scrap wool I had spun and it will be great for that. In future need to use thin strong thread rather than wool to tie them through the middle but so chuffed!! And they come in different sizes!!!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!