Friday, January 17, 2014

CRAFTING CONTINUED

Well, not quite there with sorting the craft room but have managed to make a few things in the last few months.
Got great book - 55 Christmas Balls - so made a whole bunch of them for christmas and to give to friends, love them! Next year I want to design some of my own.
Having had a lovely Christmas it is back to sorting out the house. But to help me keep on the creative path I have joined a multimedia prompt group on Facebook, Journal 52, which gives prompts each week for us to produce a journal page. First we had to produce a cover, so I used a book I already had and played around.
The first prompt was 'Up, up and away' and this was my interpretation, using a background I had already started.
Donna and I are also doing the Kate Crane Art Calendar Challenge where we produce a calendar page for each month of the year. All good things to make me get out the multi media as otherwise time goes by and I never get round to it. Donna did the whole year last year so I am going to try and do the same this year. Here is January - Donna did an awesome page!
Then the latest thing that I completed was a hippo for a friend who is expecting very soon!
This is how it started life - about 50 different patches...

Gradually taking shape...


Happy Hippo!! Turned out rather larger than I had thought so more of a decoration rather than a toy!!
Should get craft room sorted in next few days so come Monday am hoping to start trying out the gazillion ideas I have - and hopefully making some stuff to sell so I can start bringing in some money!! Will still have to fit in painting an awful lot of woodwork but will just take it one day at a time x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!