Friday, June 6, 2014

Dyed Cushions

At last got round to using the silk that I hand dyed using leaves and an iron bath on a recent course.

I sewed the pieces together then cut them through the middle vertically and horizontally to make 4 new pieces. I then put one part onto the front of a hessian cushion, did some hand sewing round the pieces and sewed little mother of pearl buttons on. The buttons I got from a friend in Kenya who made the buttons in her factory there in the '60's.

Amazing the colours you can get with just some leaves and iron water!!!

I also made the new label for the back of the cushion. Happy with it.

I also decided to add some buttons to the cushion I made with the knitted panel. What do you think?


I finally washed all of the roving that I have been spinning. Now to decide what to do with it all!

Tomorrow I will play with the African fabric!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!