Tuesday, August 2, 2011

The Summer of 2011!

Wow! What an amazing time I have had. Long time no blog I know but have been busy, busy. Over in the Uk and was lovely first few weeks as managed to spend time with my sister! Oh, but before I left my lovely hubby in Nairobi we went away to a cheap little place on the edge of the Rift Valley as an early wedding anniversary celebration. It was very low key, we had an amazing few days and, dare I say it, after 12 years of marriage love my hubby more and more. Says a lot for how wonderful a man he is - and, yes, the fact he has stuck by me for 12 years!!! Thank you my lovely! Here are a few pics of the place we stayed. If you want to experience it, it is called Enkaji Osiwo and available to rent through Langata Link, Nairobi.
View over Rift from verandah.

Enkaji Osiwo

Incoming storm - amazing!

Metal carrier bag - for mags - brilliant!

Just loved this quirky .... WHATEVER!

When I arrived the very kind Kim picked me from airport and spent lovely few days with her and Simon and Greg catching up - it was lovely to have a few days together rather than just a few hours.

So onto Uk. My lovely sister and I went and stayed in a gorgeous cottage in Yorkshire - http://www.abbeyholidaycottages.com/  - first time we have ever been away together and it was wonderful. The idea was that we crafted and we had 2 days at the lovely Dy's workshops in Harrogate and did do quite a bit but also took time out to sightsee and got to meet up with my friend Kieren who was over from Kenya - weird to see him in Uk! We were away for 4 nights and it just wasn't long enough!!!
View from cottage one way....

View the other way! Were right at the end of a steep valley - gorgeous.



The lovely Donna - and my motor of course!!!

Then it was onto Shetland - my favourite place in the world. The minute I get there all feels right with the world!! THough not quite as soon as that this time as had to take ferry of course as took car. It was a calm crossing but still felt nauseous all the way and made the mistake of not booking a cabin - don't do it folks!! It is worth every penny!!!!!!
Will put all about Shetland in next blog as got to get ready to hit the streets of Hereford with the folks! It is all go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment - it means a lot and I love reading them!